Tuesday 23 February 2010






The top image above was my initial idea for my Magazine Front cover, I decided to change most of this as I thought the front cover was not busy enough or eye catching, and did not have any features which would usually be found on the front cover of other magazines, such as NME magazine. One of the features missing was plugs, which I have now added to my newer version of the magazine front cover. Also, I did not think that the central image used was very effective, the background on the picture is not the typical background you would see on magazines or related to the music genre, so again, when it came to making an alternative front cover, I changed this to something different to make it more appealing to the audience, although even with the new cover I though the new version could still be improved further. However, I did like the colour scheme I had chosen to use which was the purple and yellow, which I followed on onto my contents page and onto my double page spread, I did find this eye catching and the colours seemed to go well with each other. The pose I used for the main image was not a very good choice, I had put the camera on a self timer for 30 seconds so we had plenty of time to arrange ourselves I did this so I could include myself in the shot in case I ever needed another quick picture to add in for my magazine, and I had positioned me and the other person leaning on the tree, but it does not seem to work, so when it came to the final cover, I changed the picture, again with myself included and a self time, but this time I made a more effective pose, one you could see on a magazine. The bottom image is my final draft of the magazine front cover, I believe this one is a massive improvement on my rough draft, as it has more conventions, it has the plugs it was lacking, and it looks more professional unlike my draft, the thing I particularly like about this front cover is the colour scheme, which I did take from my draft, I think its eye catching and fits well with the rest of the magazine. I do think however my magazine could still be improved, such as the background of the picture changed again so it fits in more with the magazine, and the content of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment